Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Opals and Sun Stone

Went to the Virgin Valley, Nevada to dig for opals. This was the second time going there. We dug at the Bonanza Mine and found some cool opals. We camped at the Virgin Valley Campground where camping is free. We collected a lot of Apache Tears at the campground.  I will tumble the Apache Tears in the rock tumbler then drill them, make beads and make a necklace out of them.

While at the campground we learned the Plush, OR was only about half hour out of our way. So, on the way home we went to Plush, OR and sifted for sunstone at the Spectrum Mine. We found a lot of pretty clear sunstone there.

When we got home I put all but a few of the sunstones into the rock tumbler with some of the lesser quality opals and some of the Apache Tears. I look forward to seeing how they all turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment