When we hopped out of the car we began finding little green rock chips. As we walked to the tailing piles we began finding larger pieces of green rocks. The we began finding blue rocks. The beautiful pieces of Malachite and Chrysocolla littered the hillside.
We quickly realized we could be selective about what we kept. So, we looked for a few big pieces for display and filled out bags with about three gallons on rocks that are just the right size to tumble and make beads out or or make cabochons out of.
As we walked back to the car I kept wanting to pick up all the pretty blue and green rocks I saw. Then I realized I can come rock hound here whenever I want.
Once we got home I dumped all the rocks in a bucket of water for cleaning.
Do you have any pics of the rocks?
ReplyDelete